Saturday, February 16, 2008

Damn Drunks!

sorry jackie, but there was NOTHING fun to look at this time around...

spent friday night at CAMP for another birthday party, this time for the brother of the last birthday party i attended there. have to say this one went all out (thus confirming straight men had nothing to do w/it): we had our own private, roped-off area; lots of champagne; a special fruity concoction named 'rainville' after the birthday boy; and drink sticks featuring his head (this one is of joel wearing a dress he borrowed from the Ordway after they did SPAMALOT.

there was even a ginormous pirate ship birthday cake (which might have been my favorite part). the shear amount of planning that had to have gone into this thing was beyond anything i remember getting as a 10 year old, much less as a 30 year old.

which reminds me...

30 year olds still act like 10 year olds when they've been drinking!!!

i set my purse down only to find out later that my phone was TEMPORARILY HIJACKED. a few of the drunks used it to send txt msgs to people on MY phone. this is unfortunate for 2 reasons:
1. i have work #s on there, and
2. i have crazy people's #s on there

(normally i wud not advocate keeping crazy people's phone #s, but you want to know when the crazies are calling, don't you??? among others, my phone includes stalker tandem partner and bachelors 1-4.)

that's right. you should feel mortified for me.

and the worst part is NOT KNOWING who they txted. my phone is older than dirt so it doesn't track sent msgs. the only ways for me to find out is to wait a few days and check my bill online OR wait for those of you who received a msg to txt me back. was originally told they went thru the alphabet, but apparently they picked "mostly BOY names by the alphabet and a few random girls..."

apologies to those that got a middle-of-the-night msg to come to st. paul. as much as i would've luved to have seen you, it was actually 3 gay men that wanted to see you more. LOL.

3 comments:

Jarvy said...

I did not receive a message. I'm disappointed.

fat kid said...

i see them again in a couple of wks at another 30th birthday party (it's that time of year). will be sure to mention it :)

Valerie said...

I got one! I got one!!!

anyone awake? i need another drink. can u come 2 stp???

I was in WI and wasn't coming anyways. I feel so special I got one!!