got a phone call on friday evening from my go-to guy here telling me not work this wknd.
(he's not really a supervisor, but he provides guidance and answers my questions as needed. thus, the go-to guy.)
i don't know if i've ever been ordered NOT to work. i mean, who doesn't want their dedicated little cog working around the clock, esp when she's doing 3 jobs at the same time? it surprised me to see someone else recognize the onset of burnout to the extent that it warranted a phone call demanding i back away from the computer...
and so i did. mostly. and w/all the "free time" (in quotes since i'll be paying for the slacking off come monday), it occurred to me that i lead an incredibly boring life. i feel like i ran around all wknd, and yet, we're at the end of it and i have no idea what i did w/myself. wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm just glad you got some free time! And if you want to talk about lame, the uber-exciting thing that happened to me this weekend was that my local grocery store was having a huge buy 1 get 1 free sale--I'm seriously still tingling over how much I saved.
I am lame. And you are boring.
we could be twins. LOL.
Post a Comment