after asking 4 people where to go to catch the train and which one to get on, i finally figured it out. geneva is on the western most part of switzerland, and because the airport is even further west, it really doesn't matter which train you hop on cuz it all goes thru the center of the city.
by the time i emerged in geneva's city centre, i slowly made my way downstairs towards the buses. seemed logical enough til i found myself spending the next 30 mins going in circles, up and down stairs, and thru tunnels, all within a block of the same intersection that i was attempting to get to. wouldn't have felt so stupid if it weren't for the group of teenagers waiting at a bus stop that started to notice my repetitiveness...
after finding my bus, i was ready for a 10 min ride. too bad it took me 5 stops before i realized the direction it was taking. i got on it going in the wrong direction, and got a 40 min tour of the #3 line...
fortunately, by the time the bus actually got to my stop, i was a pro at reading the signs. too bad i can't read a map. i was walking 3 blocks in the wrong direction when a kind soul came along and took pity on me. eventually made it to my new home, just in time to discover the apt phone doesn't work and my cell phone doesn't get service in this building. shoot me now.
on the bright side, i did figure out how to download photos. i took this one while wandering LGW. maybe i've been in MN too long, but sushi doesn't strike me as the breakfast of champions...
7 comments:
I am glad you have made it there. We have been worried about you. I would also lament over the 5 pair of shoes I left behind in the States. Hopefully you can find a shopping center better than finding your bus stop!!! Take care. Valerie
Dude....that sounds like Geneve is as difficult to navigate as Madison. I hope you are having a better time of it now. As far as the photo, I wouldn't consider sushi a typical breakfast of champions either. Take care!
Brenna
sushi is the ULTIMATE breakfast of champions. why? cause I just had some, and it's breakfast time back in MN right now. that makes it right, right?
Hye, you are so entertaining! Your stories are funny to me 'cause I'm here in my usual safe routine and you're having the great adventures. Keep up the writing, I'm enjoying it. It's not the same as having you here to talk to but it's the next best thing! And, I don't agree that sushi is a valid breakfast item. EEUUWWW. Happy shoe shopping.
I miss you. Julie
sorry for the delayed response everyone, but the internet has been a pain here!
val - i did find a shopping area yesterday called manor. alarm clocks are US$60 there! fortunately the hair dryer i needed wasn't :)
b - i've FINALLY learned my bus route...only took an extra 30 mins this morning...
jarvy - i have no response for you :P
julie - i miss you too. will keep writing so long as i can figure out this internet! say hello to kara for me.
You are the Master of reading maps!!!!!!
only when the maps are in english, not french!
Post a Comment